A Rant and a Bludge

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Warning: Minor ranting ahead.

Some daft twit has organised our 10 year reunion and has made it $20 per head. Why the hell would I want to pay $20 for something we could do just as easily for FREE?! Ok, now i realise this might sound like a crazy tight-arse rant, but I should clarify - we’re having it at a pub. It’s not like they’ve booked some fancy function room somewhere. Last time I checked, my local pub didn’t have a $20 cover charge, especially if you were going to show up with about 100 people to drink their booze (at regular bar prices.) And it’s not just $20 for KJ and I to go along. It’s $20 EACH. That means if we want to catch up with old friends, we have to pay $40 for the privilege.

Okay, end rant. I’m done with complaining now.

I’m really just killing time before 5pm when I can head home for the day. I’m absolutely swamped at work at the moment, but I’ve hit a wall for the day and instead I’m counting the minutes until I can go home. This is what I get for working through lunch. I need a 25 minute distraction. These kinds of distractions are a lot easier to come by now that I sit with my back to a wall instead of a door - It’s amazing what wonderful distractions the internet can provide when you don’t have to be sneaky about finding them!

Actually I might be able to combine work and internet. I need to find a 10kg block of chocolate for a work promo. Browsing for that should kill a good 20 minutes or so wouldn’t you say?

0 comments:

Post a Comment