Psychic Lunch

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

There are several food shops near work and we rotate between these for our lunches. It’s a very healthy choice of Noodles, Fish & Chips, Pies, Chinese, Kebabs or Charcoal Chicken (which a friend recently told me is a store concept that hasn’t caught on in America - but that’s a whole other story.)

There are about 5 of us in the office and we all eat lunch together (awww, like a big family!). A co-worker asked me earlier to think about which shop I wanted to eat from. I thought about it for a little while, and decided on a kebab, because even though kebabs are usually hangover food the kebab shop near work is absolutely stellar and you can almost pretend that it’s healthy because of the salad.

Just as I was about to pick up the phone to let him know, my mobile rang and it was KJ, whose first words were “Hi, do you want a kebab for lunch?”

How did he know!!?? Is it possible that by spending so much time together, our brains have tuned into the same wavelength in some way? This sort of thing happens to us all the time. Or perhaps I like food so much that I’m subconsciously sending out psychic brainwaves.

Either way, I’m happy because I get my kebab.

0 comments:

Post a Comment