I can see clearly now the rain has gone

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My level of blindness is definitely getting out of hand. Tonight it was pouring with rain while I was driving home and I spent the entire drive hunched over the steering wheel like a little old lady, squinting at the road through the rain. I have to admit, more than once I was just guessing at where I was supposed to be driving.

I used to blame the old lady driving technique on the bad headlights in my old 1977 Holden, but now that have a brand new car, I can’t really use that excuse any more. I’m either going to have to come up with a new excuse, or go and get my eyes checked.

I’m open to all suggestions for new excuses, because I really, really don’t want to have to get glasses; although given the fact that I nearly drove into a strange driveway because I thought it was the road, perhaps it’s for the best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment