Happy 100th!

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Welcome to my 100th blog post! Ok, so 100 posts isn’t a huge milestone when you take into account the other 150 or so posts that are here at my old blog, but I’m celebrating it anyway because if I count it as 250 posts, the next big milestone isn’t really until 500, and that’s a long way off. Plus I like celebrations. Any excuse for a party.

Because this is such a milestone post, I’m going to make it a bit special by sharing 10 things about me that you may not know. Ok, so maybe that’s not special to you, but it’s my blog and my 100th, so I get to say what’s special around here!

I was going to list 100 things, but I don’t think I could come up with that many things (I’m really not that interesting) and it would also take forever.

  1. I could live on Indian food. It is my all time favourite and I could eat it for every single meal. We have it at least 3 times a week. Oddly enough though, I have no desire to travel to India and eat the food – I think it would spoil my love of the flavours by being too hot. I also believe that the pappadum is one of the greatest inventions EVER.

  2. I have an incredible relationship with my sister and it makes me very happy. We had some insanely evil fights when we were younger, but have somehow grown to have a very close relationship and she is one of the few people that I trust completely.

  3. I’m a brunette - and regarding blondes having more fun, the only thing I think blondes have more of is bleach. No offense to any blondes reading this.

  4. I play online scrabble and bejewelled blitz almost compulsively. It’s pretty much the main reason that I have a Facebook account.

  5. I thank God every day for giving me a metabolism that has kept me slim despite my serious addiction to good food - because I am way too lazy to exercise.

  6. I can’t imagine myself ever having babies or being a mother, but will eventually do it anyway because it seems like something I might regret not doing when I’m older. After all, I need someone to check me into happy valley when I’m too old and decrepit to look after myself.

  7. I love painting – and while that sounds all clever and creative, I don’t mean the arty kind of painting, I mean the house kind of painting. I find it therapeutic and relaxing to paint walls, but I don’t do it very often because I can’t stand the prep work.

  8. My house had brown shag carpeting – a relic from the 70’s when the house was built. It’s quite worn and needs replacing, but secretly I don’t really want to get rid of it because it’s warm and comfy and makes the house feel lived in.

  9. I hate winter because I can’t stand being cold, but I love it because it means I get to wear scarves, which I adore. I have about 10 or 15 of them, mostly knitted woollen ones. I’m currently wearing a grey wool scarf that is twice as long as I am tall.

  10. I started blogging because I wanted to take the thoughts out of my head and get them into some kind of order so that I could think things through more clearly. Publishing them online seals the deal by casting them out into the wide open so they’re not just my inner thoughts anymore. Also, the occasional comments are nice because you don’t get those if you keep it all in your head (unless you’re schizophrenic, of course).

So there you have it – 10 things about me that I’m pretty sure you didn’t (and maybe didn’t want to) know.

Happy 100th!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment